Reposted from @relationshipandmarriage on IG
MIND YOUR BUSINESS!
0. unfortunately, not a lot of people even know what their business is!
1. Julia is my personal “business” and I must make sure that business is healthy and profitable.
2. We live in a generation in which almost everyone is analysing everyone else’s condition and conviction even when their own business is unattended.
3. We want to get on blogs and read the latest gossip, argue the recent issues and mind every other business. Whereas, if our secret or personal lives are played on the screens, we most likely would be the bad news that gossip blogs crave!
4. We seriously need focus. The deliberate turning of our attention to what matters most to us.
5. What is going on in my own relationship?
6. Am I as in touch and connected with my partner as I am with my social media followers?
7. In the long run, who do I really have, you or Julia? You know the truth and the truth is that while I am called to you, she is my life. Without my life, what is my call?
8. Minding my business means taking the subject of my partner’s happiness and making it the priority of my choices and conduct.
9. Minding my business means that I am aware that it takes seed to get harvest, effort to get result and investment to get profit.
10. I need to spend time critically thinking and examining how I can be a better partner.
11. I need to review my performance through specific periods and make relevant adjustments.
12. I need to understand that my partner’s complains about me aren’t meant to meet the stiff wall of my prideful resistence but a considerate response that humbly consider their point and reflect on how to be different.
13. I need to accept that my partner is imperfect and would require my patience and understanding as we navigate through life.
14. I need to always be willing to learn new ways to make it work like taking refresher course and updating my “relational software”. Yes.
15. Above all, I need to stay humble in prayer, receiving grace to be the best man for her.
16. She is where I should succeed first before I succeed everywhere else.
Ocholi Okutepa – #regrann